Because of the nature of counseling and psychotherapy services, providing advanced notice before cancelling or rescheduling an appointment is very important.
Consequently, we have a policy where we request that clients please cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. This is important because we will not plan to do anything
other than meet with you during a scheduled appointment slot. Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation with these updated policies.
Please note that if the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours from scheduled appointment, a cancellation fee of $50.00 will apply to the first cancellation, $100 for the second cancellation, and $150 for the third cancellation, and $150 for each appointment missed thereafter. Your provider will notify you if you have missed an appointment, and you will be invoiced for cancellations. Please send payment to:
Paradigm Hawaii Counseling
Attn: Keri Lim
970 N. Kalaheo Ave., Suite A-216
Kailua, HI 96734
If you feel that you have been charged in error, or dispute the charges, please call Ms. Lim at (808) 387-4355 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of receipt.
All cancellations done within 24 hours of scheduled sessions will not be charged the fee.
Examples of situations where the cancellation fee will not be charged:
• hospitalization due to sudden illness or injury to self or dependent
• death (of client, or of immediate family member/dependent under client’s care)
• major/unforeseen traffic congestion (due to an accident or road-related work, and not due to poor time management)
• property catastrophe (i.e., fire, flood, wind damage)
• car unable to start or sudden flat tire (not due to poor vehicle maintenance)
• flight cancellation and delay or return trip to Hawaii
Examples of situations where the cancellation fee will be charged:
• being detained at work
• sickness/sick child (non life-threatening illnesses) unless accompanied by a doctor’s note on the same day as missed
• lack of transportation
• lack of childcare
• extension of travel within personal control
• forgetting appointment/oversleeping
*These lists are just guidelines our providers will follow in helping to determine whether a fee will be charged. All cancellations are done on a case by case basis. We care about your health and healing, and never want to have finances hinder coming in, so please feel free to call Keri or talk to your provider if you have questions regarding a cancellation fee. Mahalo!